David F. Giannetto is a nationally respected thought-leader on how complex emerging technology and information-based initiatives can be leveraged by organizations to improve operational efficiency, financial results and strategic differentiation. He is the author of 3 books, a frequent keynote speaker, and has worked with many of today’s leading brands. He has been named a thought-leader by the American Management Association, Business Finance Magazine and Consumer Goods Technology Magazine.
David is the author of Big Social Mobile: How Digital Initiatives can Reshape the Enterprise and Create Business Value (Palgrave Macmillan 2014), the first enterprise-level methodology that helps organizations integrate social media, mobile technology and big data into their core people, processes, technology, information and strategy to create tangible improvements in revenue and profit. This work builds upon his first book, the award winning management methodology, The Performance Power Grid, The Proven Method To Create and Sustain Superior Organizational Performance (Wiley, 2006), that defined how organizations use internal information to improve performance. He is known for creatively combining technology with progressive management methodologies that join traditional enterprise functions and data with digital—big data, social media & mobile technology—initiatives to create differentiation, influence consumer behavior and create sustainable superior performance.
David is a columnist for Strictly Marketing Magazine, a former columnist for USBusiness Review, currently writes for the American Management Association and the Huffington Post, and has contributed to numerous national magazines. He is a frequent keynote speaker on topics ranging from improving the effectiveness of digital initiatives, organizational performance, risk management and the impact of technology on organizations and consumer behavior.
David began focusing on how technology and information influences performance over fifteen years ago as the driving force behind the Business Performance Management and Reporting initiative at the United Nations Secretariat and has led initiatives at a diverse group of organizations, ranging from internet start-ups to some of the world’s largest organizations, including:
- buy liv 52 in uk FujiFilm’s award-winning performance management initiative, giving them an industry-leading competitive advantage for over two years, and redefining the entire consumer goods rebate industry.
- Seattle City Light‘s award-winning EPM initiative refocusing the entire organization on providing superior customer service and safe, economical, environmentally friendly energy.
- Working hand-in-hand with leading service organizations, such as Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Cintas, NSC Global, Skidata, APi Group and others, to redefine their customer’s service experience and digitally transform their service operation.
- Shaping the EPM vision for organizations such as NiSource, JPMorgan, Stanley Black & Decker, Kelly Services, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Mediacom Communications, WHX Handy & Harmon and Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), embedding a new management methodology and re-architecting their Management Information Systems to improve financial and operational performance.
- NCAA, Staples, Sirona, Big-Y and others while leading the SocialAxcess25 Executive Working Group to utilize social media at the enterprise-level to drive overall performance, create a more customer-oriented organization and yield a return on investment.
David’s client list also includes BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota and 5 other states, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Roche, Schering-Plough, American Express, Scholastic books, Engelhard Chemical, Men’s Warehouse, the Huntington Learning Center and others. He is also Chairman of the Board for the Spina Bifida Resource Network, and a former MBA Professor at Rutgers University (rated as one of the top 20 programs in the world).
David created the nationally respected EPM practice at J.H. Cohn (Cohn-Reznick), which later became the independent firm The Telos Group. He is COO of Astea International, a global leader in field service and workforce mobility technology. He earned his MBA from Rutgers University and was a regular army officer in the 10th Mountain Division. His second book, The Decoy Artist, America’s last Hunter-Carver (Pelican, 2010) was nominated as NJCH Book of the Year.